I have been studying photography since 2009 and working professionally since 2011, when I shot my first wedding. I spent almost a decade traveling the world and studying environmental sustainability until coming home to Philadelphia in 2019 to launch my career full time as an independent visual storyteller. In 2018, I earned a graduate certificate in Documentary Studies and have worked with institutions such as The Philadelphia Inquirer, WHYY News, Sundance Film Festival, National Public Radio, as both a photographer and videographer.
My training as a journalist and documentary visual storyteller is evident in all of my work, from weddings and portraits to documentary films and branded visual content. Services I offer include:
- Wedding Photography & Videography
- Portrait Photography
- Event Photography & Videography
- Freelance Video Editing
- Freelance Photojournalism
- Freelance Documentary Videography
Working with me
"Becca is extremely professional, patient, creative, and collaborative. Working on a small team with low capacity, I deeply appreciated Becca's willingness to deliver high-quality products while accommodating our budget needs. Her intuition and clear communication will put any nonprofit communicator's stressed-out mind at ease!"
- Sophia Har, Communications Manager, ActionAid USA
Cinematography workshop with Rashid Zakat. Scribe Video Center. Philadelphia, PA. 2019.
Graduate Certificate in Visual Storytelling (Documentary Photography and Short Film). Salt Institute for Documentary Studies at Maine College of Art. Portland, ME. 2018.
"Style and Evidence" workshop with Stephen Ferry. International Center of Photography, New York, NY. 2017.
Bachelor of Arts in Human Ecology. College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, ME. 2012-2016.
"Photography and intervention in public spaces" workshop with Adela Goldbard. f2 Estación Visual, Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico. 2015.
Pre-college Program, Photography. University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA. 2009.
- ActionAid USA
- Bates College
- ITV News (UK)
- National Public Radio
- ¡Presente! Media Collective
- Scribe Video Center
- Sundance Institute & Film Festival
- WHYY Philadelphia
Kathryn W. Davis Foundation Projects for Peace. Awarded to Centro Cultural RealizArte community center and arts programming in Yaxkukul, Yucatán, Mexico. 2015.
HERspace Women's Art Festival. Philly Art Collective Gallery. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. November 2019.
Delve. Salt Institute for Documentary Studies. Portland, Maine. December 2018.
Mujeres en Resistencia. Café Momento, Mérida, Yucatán, México. April 2017.
Jats'uts Kuxtal. Ethel H. Blum Gallery, Bar Harbor, Maine. May 2016.
Jats'uts Kuxtal. Mérida, Yucatán, México. March 2016.
you and I and the ocean. College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, Maine. November 2014.
Por los caminos del Mayab. Café Momoto, Mérida, Yucatán, México. June 2014.
- In Reversal, Federal Support For Coronavirus Testing Sites Continues NPR
- The Threat of Deportation Looms Large for an Immigrant Teen in ‘La Leyenda Negra’ Sundance Institute
- This Compton Actress Stars As a Queer, Undocumented Salvadoran in New Film ‘La Leyenda Negra’ Remezcla
- Pleasantville residents march against gun violence and remember slain 10-year-old WHYY
- Pine Barrens festival celebrates art and nature in 'Middle of Nowhere' WHYY
- ‘Horror Noire’ at Scribe Video, Co-writer Ashlee Blackwell talks about racial stereotyping in the horror genre Philly Artblog
- Fotos de la Jarana, el baile tradicional de Yucatán México Desconocido
- SIPSE, March 2016